– I do a lot of work with The Studio, a world-renowned design agency in Stockholm. Recently we helped launch a website for a company that has created a bulletproof security system for online transactions called Covr. (As happens, some of the copy has been altered since delivery.) We are also currently working together on re-branding a health food bar and a beauty brand.
– One of my newest clients is the maternity and nursing clothing company, Boob. I am now copywriting all of their product descriptions, newsletters and more.
– I have defined the tonality for recently rebranded Nordic companies like Ramirent, Nordea and Autoliv, working with agencies like Brand Union, The Studio and PCG Stockholm.
– I wrote the copy for Restylane’s “A Perfect Day” campaign, which included this film, a Before and After book, a waiting room magazine and more. Agency: The Studio. In 2015 I wrote the script for an internal film that runs on a loop in their lobby.
– 2013: I worked with the New York-based agency, Skaggs Creative, and developed the copy for this high-end New York contractor’s web site.
– While I was with my former agency, Open Communications, I wrote ads, brochures, articles, brand books, film scripts, annual reports, press releases, web copy, banners and more for: Skanska, BRIO, Oriflame, DeLaval, Ericsson, Saab, Volvo, Absolut, IKEA, iittala, MYDATA, SAS, Electrolux, Artimplant and other companies. I still do freelance work for them today.
– For three years I have translated restaurant reviews from Swedish to English and edited the English versions of the White Guide Sweden and the White Guide Nordic – the authoritative restaurant guide to the Nordic countries.
– I write most of the articles for TrySwedish.com, a source of information for all things related to Swedish food, including stories about school food, ski slope fare, breakfast, seafood safaris, potatoes and more. Most recently, I wrote a piece on sustainable gastronomy. I also wrote much of the supporting copy (intro, captions, etc.) and translated/copy-edited other articles on the site. Agency: Futurniture. Client: Visit Sweden and Business Sweden.
– I had a story in Modern Farmer about how a farming cooperative on the island of Gotland is regrowing ancient grains.
– For CBS travel correspondent Peter Greenberg’s website, I wrote this article on how to make an all-inclusive resort experience feel exclusive. I also wrote this article on four island getaways where you can truly be alone.
– I worked with the Swedish agency, Futurniture, to write the script for this film promoting Swedish food.
–Plate to Plate– for Windstar Sophisticate, the onboard magazine for Windstar Cruises and reprinted in Norwegian Cruise Line’s onboard magazine
– The Saveur Diary: Sweden – for Saveur online
– How to Get Lost in the Swedish Countryside – blog post for Visit Sweden
– My tip on dehydrated lemon zest made it into the Saveur 100.
Translations from Swedish to English
MFA in Creative Writing, Bennington
BA in English Literature and Theology, Calvin College
References available upon request.